Header Text




This blog was written for my first biennium (2017-18) in the Vermont Legislature. I have been re-elected and am continuing to write summaries of each week. They are posted to the '2019 Journal' page of my website: CT4VT.com

The website is now in new-google-sites format and displays well on devices of any size.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20th - The Special Session Continues

Scheduling Chaos

I never know from one week to the next what is required of me. This can be frustrating as I try to make plans.

I have been regularly updating my Special Session page of my website. That is he best source of information about what I'm doing and my perspective on what has transpired. Posts to this blog will be sporadic for a while.

One thing I should make clear is that even though it has been 28 days since the Special Session began I have only been paid for about 4 or 5 of those days. We are only paid for the days we actually attend and my presence is not often required (sad to say). Several of the committees have been working and those Legislators are paid, but the rest of us just appear on the days we actually meet on the floor and move legislation along. So it's not as if there are 180 legislators (House 150, Senate 30) standing around collecting money from the state. The number that are getting paid varies from day to day depending on what work is required.

Work on the Capitol Dome progresses