Header Text




This blog was written for my first biennium (2017-18) in the Vermont Legislature. I have been re-elected and am continuing to write summaries of each week. They are posted to the '2019 Journal' page of my website: CT4VT.com

The website is now in new-google-sites format and displays well on devices of any size.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Election Day

I made it!

From 7:00 am to about 7:00 pm on November 6th I stood in the chilly sometimes-rain at the polls. I had a School Board meeting at 7:00 pm so had to change clothes and hustle over to that. At the time I left, the cars were still coming and there was no let up. The polls must have stayed open past 7:00 to accommodate. It was a record turnout, particularly so for a midterm election.

While in the School Board meeting I received the results. Seth Chase and I (both Democrats) easily won seats for district 9-1. In 9-2 (also Colchester) Pat Brennan, (a Republican) and Sarita Austin  (a Democrat) won. Each side of Colchester sends two Representatives. This was all good news.

I attribute the strong results for the Democratic party throughout Vermont to a very strong turn-out motivated by a resoundingly negative attitude toward President Donald Trump. Sarita also campaigned hard and the Vermont Democratic Party helped her and Seth Chase.

The, as yet, unofficial results for the House races in Colchester were

  • CHI-9-1 - My district - The Village
    • Curt Taylor (D) - 1,665
    • Seth Chase (D) - 1,310
    • Deserae Morin (R) - 971
    • Clark Sweeney (R) - 806
  • CHI-9-2 - The Bay
    • Pat Brennan (R) - 1,842
    • Sarita Austin (D) - 1,741
    • Herb Downing (D) - 1,496
    • Pam Loranger (R) - 1,465
But now all that is behind us and I'm looking toward the January 9th start of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment